Swim Meet 101
Warm-ups for all swim meets begin at 5:00 p.m. (arrive at 4:45). Meet begins at 6:00 p.m. and should end by 10:30 p.m. Rain Dates for all home meets will be the next day; rain dates for away meets will vary by pool.
Please see the calendar for dates and times. It is your responsibility to arrive on time for the warm ups that are held before the meet. It is also important that you stay until the end of the meet. It is very difficult to swim the last relay events when swimmers are missing because they have gone home early.
Rain dates will usually be the next day. Generally, there will not be practice on the morning following a meet. The Tuesday and Thursday evening stroke clinic will be held on these days as scheduled even if the morning practice was not held.
A Mock Meet will be held in June prior to the first swim meet. This will give the new swimmers a chance to see what it is like to be in a swim meet and also give all of the adult volunteers a chance to practice their jobs.
Meet Recommended Clothing/Gear:
- Team Shirt (optional)
- Team suit/Goggles/Cap (Wahoo Cap – highly recommended. Please no year round or high school names on suits or caps)
- Team Spirit- good sportsmanship, quiet for the start, cheer like crazy during the race
- Healthy snacks, water, water, water, sport drinks, and money for concessions
- Books, playing cards, games, etc.
- Change of clothes – Sweats for cooler evenings
- Chairs to sit in or blanket to sit on